The House Smelled Delicious

We had a great Easter Sunday! The weather was beautiful the sky was blue and bright. I had both my boys home for dinner my husband out side smoking a brisket and Al's girlfriend sitting in the kitchen with me having a great conversation as I was prepping the food for the table. I even ventured outside of my "norm" and baked something new, a blueberry crumb pie. The house smelled delicious from all the cooking and baking we where doing. We sat down for dinner, said our prayers, laughed and talked and ate dinner like we used to do. Can you see me smiling as I write this?? It was a GOOD DAY and for that moment I was truly happy and content!!... ... ...

I pause when I say "It was a good day" because part of me feels suspicious at the univers when things appear good or ok. It was almost too normal of a day and it makes me feel uneasy as if something bad is going to happen. I'm sure some of you can relate to that. It's sad to say but we don't get to many of those good days anymore. I don't know whether to laugh or cry? I think I'll laugh, nervously!! But I've learn to take any ounce of good when I can get it!

However it does makes me wonder will I ever feel that "normal" part of my life again? HUM?


Comments

Anonymous said…
I know exactly how you feel. Aside from the court dates( my son has not been in trouble with the law yet) I can totally relate to what you are going through. It does give me great comfort reading your blog. Thank you for sharing and giving me the feeling of not being alone.
Al's Mom said…
You are not alone friend!

Popular Posts