His Very Own ATM.

Still no word from my son.... It's been a month. I'm not sure why I haven't gone looking for him. I guess there's a part of me that wants him to figure this out all on his own. To feel what it's going to be like without his family if he chose this life. Then there's that part of me that wants to find him and just hug him.

He's not working anymore... I called and checked. I get random phone calls from his high school friends who have seen him lately. They all say he looks sad, thin and sick. As long as she is paying for the heroin nothing I say or do will matter. She enables him and will do anything to suffice him. It's a strange and twisted relationship. I hate that when I look at her I see nothing but a monster.

She inherited a large sum of money when she was younger from her mother’s death. The sad thing is she has wasted every cent of it. In the past she has housed them in their dark world leasing an apartment for two years buying him clothes, shoes and paid all the utilities and of course she supplied the funds for their heroin. The amount they used blows my mind. Why are they not dead? The level of heroin they used was about $80 A DAY, EACH! He had it made. Not only did he have a girl who was compliant but he had his very own ATM. She has wasted over 80,000 in two years. She has NOTHING to show for it, not one single item. I just recently found out she had fifty thousand left. From the looks of the letters that were mailed to my house she was taking out a loan on the remaining funds.

How can I win against that kind of pull?

Allen and I were arguing when I first discovered his heroin addiction. I remember her leaning over towards him rubbing his back saying "I told you Allen she won't understand, it's just you and me. You don't need them, it's OK" I was beside myself. I came unglued and lunged at her. He stood in front of her as I told her off. I looked at my son and said "GET HER OUT OF MY HOUSE". He grabbed her hand and ran out the door.


I know what you’re thinking... It's not her fault Allen is a drug addict. Yup I agree, he was born with those tendencies and he made the choice a long time ago to try drugs. But the grip it has on him is so strong, even more so when you have someone feeding it to him for free.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I could have so easily and probably did write this very same post although in my son's case the "she" was his grandmother. (my mother) I remember just seething inside at all the evil she was whispering into my son's ear. The lies, the control, the manipulation. Ugh.Sickening and vile!

Nope, it's not the enablers fault that our kids are addicts but it sure has hell doesn't give them a reason to get clean when their $200 a day habit is being bankrolled by someone who doesn't give a crap if they live or die.

I so feel your pain and I'm so sorry your son has that kind of person in his life. :(

Popular Posts