Speaking Out

Sometimes I can't believe we have come so far. Every day he strives to be better than yesterday. He makes me so proud. He just spoke at a benefit on April 27th and my husband and I could not be prouder. He spoke so eloquently with honesty and with heart. I hope his message resonated with someone. Allen has always told me that he hopes one day he will be able to speak about addiction and recovery freely and help others who are battling addiction. Well , last night he got that opportunity and he nailed it.

It's not an easy thing telling the world about something so personal. But knowing what I know now, hearing stories like this would have helped me in his early years of addiction. I think had he seen someone like this at the time he started in his addiction maybe it would have made him think to himself... this might be me someday? Awareness is everything! The more we know about addiction the more we can fight this and maybe prevent the many tragic deaths. It's time we all start speaking out, let our voices be heard, our tears be seen. It's the hush-hush mentality that's killing them.




Here's to the next journey in your life my darling. Daddy and I love you so very much.




Comments

Popular Posts