A Support Group Helps

I follow a support  group on Facebook called "The Addict's Mom". Some of their stories inspire me.. Reading their stories good or bad helps me believe it or not. Check it out!

A POST FROM A PARENT on "The Addict's Mom" FACEBOOK:
It is a disease that is ruled by the brain. Physically ruled. The drug has taken away their choice. They are left with one choice. Use the drug or die. That is what their brain tells them every waking second of their life. That is why there is so little success in getting the addict clean.

A POST FROM A PARENT on "The Addict's MomFACEBOOK:
When I understood addiction for the disease that it was, I no longer felt angry at my son. He wasn't doing things to hurt us at all. He was sick, not bad. That doesn't mean that we let him get away with stuff, though. We don't give him money either. We just knew not to take any of it personally. Addiction - the most misunderstood disease on this planet - is hard to overcome. Some people die because they can't. Best of luck to you, this is not an easy road. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

A POST FROM A PARENT on "The Addict's MomFACEBOOK:
Moms, it is with a heavy and crushed heart I ask you to light a candle for Anonymous and her family in the loss of their son and a friend today. We've GOT to find the answers for our children!!!

A POST FROM A PARENT on "The Addict's MomFACEBOOK:
Dropped my AD off at work at 6:00 am this morning and she for the first time in 2 years said "Bye Mom I love you"..shes hasn't used in almost 30 days..she says shes gonna try to beat it this time..After she closed the door I watched her walk into work and for the first time in 2 years I felt a calming peace..I felt true Bliss and hope..She wasnt falling all over the house..She wasnt eating at the table with food all over her face..or garbling her words..She was alert...walking proud and incredibly beautiful...I have hope again...I loved that beautiful feeling..it was the most peaceful ride home I have ever had..I actually smiled:)...I Love her so much..and together were going to fight this addiction like Soldiers going to War...I wont give up hope..I want to feel this release every day for the rest of my life..Have a beautiful day Moms♡♥




Comments

Popular Posts