I Need a Break

And the anguish never ends. Al called me last night. He never calls me so I knew something was wrong. The money ran out… they will be homeless by Wednesday. They wanted to come and stay with me for two month. Apparently funds will be available by then, something about a CD?! I don’t know its probably all lies? I’m so weak; I would have let him come home, YES I sure would have. The thought of him being homeless kills me, it KILLS me. Thankfully my husband is strong and called Al to tell him no. Al is mad at us again… I’m sure in his mind we are horrible parents. Doesn’t he know how much pain we are in? Does he know that I’m dying inside? My body hurts, I have a headache, my eyes swollen from crying last night. I don’t want to be here! I truly don’t know how to live this way. I’m stumbling all over the place. I’m in a deep depression… I need a break!





Comments

Mrs. Dubose said…
It's very hard being the parent of a drug addict.

The single most important thing I learned in al anon is never get in between an addict and their pain. Pain is what makes people change.

Hang in there.

Popular Posts